The Year In Theatre
When the work day ends you are most likely to find me somewhere in the greater Seattle area at one of the many local theatres. By most likely I mean that in 2013 I went to 310 different things. Or, looking at it another way, 5.9 events a week. It’s crazy how the numbers stack up over the course of the year. That means that I probably see more shows than just about anyone in the city. With that in mind, one of the local theatre columnists did an interview with me looking back on the year that was. You can read that at The Stranger.
Bonus! The Stranger interview was released before I posted my top ten shows of the year. For the curious, here is the complete list. Should you find yourself in Seattle and looking for entertainment, this list of companies is a great place to start.
1. Undo – Annex Theatre
2. Compagnie Marie Chouinard – UW World Series
3. Two Rooms – Confrontational Theater
4. The Underneath – Annex Theatre
5. Paige Barnes Performances: Naked – Project Space Available
6. Catherine Cabeen And Company | Fire – On The Boards
7. The Taming – ArtsWest
8. A Beginning – The Pendleton House
9. Jesus Christ Superstar – Burien Little Theatre
10. The Totally True And Almost Accurate Adventures Of Pinocchio – Balagan Theatre